Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!


DogGroundHog-small.jpg  (this was a groundhog picture, but it got axed by Google)


Apparently, Groundhog Phil saw his shadow today.  What that means is 6 more weeks of winter.  We have had a very mild winter here in the South, but I am still ready for Spring to get here.   I think we need a second opinion little Mr. Groundhog Phil.  I have never seen a groundhog hanging out in my backyard or even when I've gone hiking at a nearby park.  I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any groundhogs around here in Alabama so how can one in Pennsylvania predict our weather.  We have plenty of squirrels and chipmunks and opossums (nasty!), but no groundhogs.  While Groundhog Phil is awfully cute and furry and I am partial to furry things (I'm engaged to the Murph after all), we definitely need a second opinion.  Maybe from a local rodent.  Since I don't know where to find a local groundhog, maybe we could us a chipmunk.  I don't know though.  Happy "Chipmunk" Day would just sound weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment