Monday, April 7, 2014

In Honor Of Autism Awareness Month....




I haven't had any autism/asperger related blog posts lately so I decided to post this in honor of April Autism Awareness month. So many children and families are having to deal with autism and it's only getting worse.



My son was diagnosed with Asperger's when he was in eighth grade. He went so many years when we didn't know what was wrong with him, but we knew something was very wrong. It was such a relief when we finally had an answer, but it was also just the beginning.

I'm happy to say my son is doing very well now and is a finishing his junior year of college and, also doing an internship with a computer company near his college. He only calls if he has problems and I have to say, those calls have gotten fewer and fewer as he has learned to handle the problems on his own.

It hasn't always been so easy!

2 comments:

  1. This graphic is shocking. We've got to find an answer as to why this is becoming so common. Bless you for raising a son who can overcome, learn and grow. You are a special kind of Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is shocking. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on! I am one of the lucky ones in that my son was able to go to college and do well there. There are so many that can't or that do, but get overwhelmed and drop out.

      Delete