Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Running, Spinervals and the Pro Marriage Debate

I think I am as ready as I am going to be for the marathon in two weeks.  I ran 18 miles Sunday and it took me 3 hours and 45 minutes.  I was two miles off from my goal of 20 miles because I got a late start and the Boy was here so I wanted to get finished before he needed to leave for school.  We ate lunch together by the pool before he went back to school.

My right hamstring has been bothering me too.  I ran two miles on the treadmill Monday morning and then walked 3 miles with the Murph Monday afternoon and did 30 minutes on the elliptical Monday evening to make up for the 20 miles I didn't do.

Today I did an hour of Spinervals and then walked for an hour with the Murph.  The Spinervals class was small with only four people and we were so busy talking during most of it.  Fun!  It went by fast.  The Fitness Director/Spinerval instructor is getting married in September so one of the other condo owners in the class has taken it upon himself to tell her the horrors of being married.  She's 30 and feels that she has waited long enough and has found "the one" so I think she blows off most of what he says.  Personally, I think everybody needs to be married at least once.  I am pro marriage and pro children even though they can be a big pain in the butt sometimes.  It's all good, not bad.  She's old enough and has waited long enough.  After today, if I was her I would be scared to death of marriage though!  I should have knocked him over the head with my water bottle.

Thank god the Murph is pro marriage too!  He not only loves me, but he loves my cats (even though he denies it) and does a lot for my son (more than my son's own dad does.)  In my opinion, if you are going to spend years with someone living with them, then you should get married.  Otherwise, stay single and live alone.  Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment