Thursday, June 7, 2012

Altered or Not Altered? That Is The Question.

Take a look and tell me what you think!
When I spoke with the vet the other day about Phantom's flea issue, I found out that I could go on the vet's website any time and check my pets medical records.  It's a great way to find out when they are due for shots again next time just in case I forget or don't get a notice in the mail.

It really doesn't matter about the shots because the Murph is anti-vet anyway.  He thinks his cats are just fine without them and they don't need yearly checkups and shots.  He says that they are just cats and have already had their shots, been neutered and declawed 12 years ago as kittens and now they are on their own.

If the cats weren't old and healthy, I would have already rounded them up and taken them to the vet for a checkup and shots when the Murph wasn't home.  I've already taken Boo when Cadence scratched or bit him and he got an infection last year.  Ed would probably have a heart attack if he had to go through anything as traumatic as a vet visit.

The Murph was against Boo's vet visit too, but I overruled him on that one.  Boo would have died without antibiotics.

 The Murph's response, "It's a good thing we took him!"

(think Sylvester Stallone voice)

So I got on my vet account where there's a record of Phantom, Cadence and Boo.  Not Ed because he's never been to my vet.

I added pictures of each cat to their individual records because I'm like that, a crazy cat lady, and then I began reading each of the cat's individual records.

That's when I realized that Phantom might not have been "altered".  Neutered.  Clipped.  The other cat's records said they had been altered.  Phantom's said "not altered".  Phantom's been going to that vet since I first got him in 2005 (according to his record) and it says not altered!

I know I left him there overnight when he was a kitten just to have him neutered.  I even paid for it.  I don't really remember when we picked him up if he had stitches down there.  That was a long time ago.  I've lost a lot of brain cells since then.

Obviously, I became concerned.  Is this the reason Phantom is so aggressive to Ed and the other cats??  I tried to look at Phantom's privates, but I'm not an expert on cat balls and sometimes I have a hard time telling if a cat is a boy or a girl unless it looks at me really pissy when I try to pet it.  (that usually means girl).

Besides, Phantom doesn't like having his privates inspected.  I told the Murph to do it, but he won't go anywhere near Phantom's ass.  Looks like I'm going to have to call the vet and get clarification.

Altered or not altered?  We need to know!


1 comment:

  1. I hope he's neutered since you paid for it! On the other hand, it would be rather nice to have an explanation for his aggression towards the other cats...

    ReplyDelete