Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday By The Numbers

Sleep deprivation, unhealthy eating, very little exercise, another long road trip - That was what my Sunday was like. On a positive note we did have to come back for a second showing on the house. This couple seems really interested. We have another showing tomorrow with different people so that makes three total showings on Sunday and Monday.

Also, we are taking Phantom, the cat to an animal Oncologist Tuesday to see if there is anything else we can do for him. Fingers crossed! I went by the vet and picked up his x-rays and they've already faxed everything else over. This was not how I saw my summer going, but you have to be flexible and adapt to whatever life brings you. Poor Phantom has been great during the process and I know he doesn't like going to the vet or long car rides.

Someday soon I'm going to need a vacation from this vacation.

Here's my Sunday by the numbers:

10 Minute miles. About the pace of my run today. Okay, I lie! It was really more like an 11 minute mile pace (my legs felt like wet noodles), but since this numbers post starts with 10, I'll just say 10 minute miles.

9 The number of times I've tried to call and/or text the Boy with no response. Could he possibly be IGNORING me??

8 Minutes. The amount of time it took for Phantom to stop watching me from his car carrier so I could eat my sausage and egg biscuit without torturing him this morning on the way to Birmingham.

7 The number of times I got up to check on Phantom during the night.

6 O'clock. About the time Cadence decided to loudly throw up and wake us up. Like I was sleeping! Ha!

5 Hours. About the total amount of sleep we got Saturday night if that much.

4 Hours. The amount of time in the car driving back to Birmingham.

3 Miles. The length of my "long" run today squeezed in between house showings and vet visit to get Phantom's records.

2 House showings. Both with small, very wild children who went after the cat.

1 Bottle of wine. Yes! Bring it on!

0 The number of long runs or bike rides the entire weekend. My training plan is SCREWED!!

2 comments:

  1. Only 1 bottle of wine? You must have been really tired this weekend. Hopefully things level out for you so you can get your training back on schedule. And I hope your cat is okay. I know what it's like to lose a pet and when a pet is sick, it's hard to focus on anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't even make it all the way through the 1 bottle but it was a super size bottle! It is hard when a pet is sick! I feel like I'm neglecting my son and the other two cats!

      Delete