Monday, June 17, 2013

The Boy And The Cats

Yesterday we drove the Boy back to school after he spent the weekend here with us. Saturday night I took the Boy out to dinner, but forgot the camera so I don't have pictures. I tried to take some pictures with my phone on Instagram. I posted some out on Instagram, so if you're following me on there (Click here to follow me) you may have seen some of them, but I don't know how many posted out because I was having some trouble with the app on my phone. One day I will figure it out and my pictures will come out straight and focused. Probably.

Anyway, we had barbecue and there were fireworks across the street as we were leaving the restaurant.  Then we stopped at a convenience store on the way home so I could get the Boy another Dr. Pepper (the real deal, not the Dr. Thunder Walmart stuff). As usual he wanted to stay in the car and as usual I hit door lock with the car key thingy, forgetting that every time I do that and he's in the car, he sets off the motion sensor in the car and the alarm goes off.

I was in the store and heard an alarm going off in the parking lot.  I soon realized it was my car when I saw a group of teens looking toward where I had parked. I could just imagine what the Boy was thinking at that moment. When I walked out of the store, he was smiling and shaking his head. "MOM!! You did it AGAIN!!"

Oh well, I couldn't help but laugh at him. Next time maybe he'll get out of the car with me and go inside the store. He knows how to grocery shop now. He told me he mostly eats Ramen noodles now because he can get a 12 pack for $2 and 1 individual thing makes a really big serving. He actually likes them. Who knew!


Phantom seemed much better all weekend. I think he liked having the Boy back.

Cadence and Ed, on the other hand, freaked out and ran and hid every time the Boy walked into the room. He did look pretty wild and in need of a hair cut. I tried to cut it before he left, but he wouldn't let me near him.

Cadence trapped in the kitchen looking up at the Boy

Cadence jumped up on the counter to find an alternate means of escape

Is the wild hair Boy still over there? I'll stay here until it's safe!


Tonight Cadence is much more relaxed even though he's been whacked on the head a couple of times today by Phantom.


Poor Phantom! Missing the Boy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment