Saturday, June 1, 2013

Time For Ms. June's Yoga Pose Of The Month


It's June 1st and that means it's time to flip the yoga cat calendar to a new month. Ms. June is performing the Easy Pose above. The yoga pose is easy for a five year old, but I'm not too sure how easy it is for "mature" adults. I do a stretch similar to this after biking or running when my muscles are extremely tight and it can be kind of painful, but in a good way.

Some of the benefits of Easy Pose are:

1. Promotes inner calm
2. Helps relieve anxiety and stress
3. Lengthens your spine
4. Opens up hips




I don't sticking your tongue out is part of the pose. That's just Ms. June's version of the pose. She probably had to be bribed with kitty treats before she would cross her paws like that.

I will say this pose looks the least "dangerous" of all the other month's yoga poses. It's probably the only one I can do without loosing my balance and falling over. This could easily become my second favorite pose following the downward dog pose.

What's your favorite yoga pose?

1 comment:

  1. This pose looks tough to me. There's no way my knees or hips could handle it. It's hard for me to get off the floor anyway. So I guess I'll just stick to couch surfing.

    ReplyDelete