Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and My "Subliminal" Influence Over The Murph




As we were taking The Boy back to school last Sunday, we had to stop by the drug store and get his meds refilled.  It just so happened that the right next to the drug store drive-thru was a Krispy Kreme doughnut drive-thru.  Since The Murph is anti-doughnut/anti-anything sweet and sugary and full of carbs, I knew it would probably be useless to suggest we get a doughnut.  Instead I did something a little more subliminal and said, "Look!  The Krispy Kreme has a drive-thru too!  Right next to this pharmacy drive-thru!"  (hint hint - look, doughnuts - that way!)

While I really didn't think it would work other than getting The Murph to "notice" the Krispy Kreme drive-thru, I was pleasantly surprised.  We had to wait 20 minutes to get the meds refilled, so The Murph, on his own (he he), suggested we go get "coffee" at the doughnut shop.


The Murph did get a cup of coffee and I got a french vanilla cappuccino, but we also got one doughnut a piece.  The Murph got a lemon creme filled, I got my favorite vanilla cream filled and The Boy got his all time favorite and probably the only kind he likes to eat, the crullers.  The anti-doughnut Murph had his half eaten before I made it to the table.



He even agreed to wear the little hat so I could take a picture and put it on my blog.  This is his "excited" face.


We had the doughnut debate of which it is better, Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme.  I'm a 100% Krispy Kreme fan although Dunkin donuts are good too.  The Murph prefers Dunkin Donuts because he says they are not as sweet.  We agree to disagree on this one.

When I was a kid we sold the glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts in fundraisers.  I didn't know anybody who had never had a glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut.  It was always fun to try an assortment of the different flavors too.  I do like the creme filled doughnuts, but you still can't beat getting the original glazed Krispy Kremes hot out of the oven.  They weren't making them while we were there or we would have gotten at least 2 more hot glazed doughnuts each and maybe a dozen more to go.


Obviously, The Murph would have to be "subliminally" convinced he needed fresh, "hot now" doughnuts.  I'm sure I could have figured something out.

6 comments:

  1. The Murph is anti-doughnut? What?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes them but doesn't like to eat them. Sugar is not our friend. I eat way to much sugar and am trying to cut back. Too many carbs for him as well. I need the carbs because of all the running/triathlon training I do, but he's not into that much cardio. And I really shouldn't eat those kinds of carbs anyway but......

      Delete
  2. Very nice pics!
    Follow your blog by GFC, hope, you'll follow me back)

    Kicky Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your blog. I followed you back. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. I'm drooling over your doughnuts :) maybe my husband could use some subliminal messaging...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reprimanded for posting the tempting sugary donut pics. Maybe I should put healthy salad pics on my next post. You should try the subliminal messaging. It totally works!

      Delete