Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nontraditional Wedding Ceremony Music- That's Us!

I knew from the start that I didn't want to use the traditional wedding ceremony music for the processional and recessional.  I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to choose the perfect songs for us.

It was easy for The Murph.  He quickly chose the Rocky Soundtrack theme "Gonna Fly Now."  The day before the wedding he and his brother, who was his best man, joked about how they were going to walk down the aisle.



Then it was up to me to come up with the the processional songs for me and the bridesmaids.  We only had two attendants each, so the DJ only had to play a little of each song.  I chose the "Butterfly Waltz" even before the Rocky song was chosen, but then I thought about using "Somewhere Over The Rainbow."

After Rocky, that one just didn't cut it.  I went back to "Butterfly Waltz" and it seemed to transition the groom's processional song with my processional song.  The DJ set it all up to play short segments of each song as we were walking down the aisle.



The song I walked down the aisle to was "Only Time" by Enya.  It's such a beautiful song.  The Boy walked my down the aisle and then took his place behind the best man.  He did a great job walking his mom down the aisle.  I was so proud of him!



You will have to go to YouTube to listen to these songs and watch these videos since they are blocked on my website.  (Never mind!  They do seem to be working on my blog now.)

For the recessional, the DJ played  "I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do" by Abba.

We had an awesome jazz trio headed by Carlos Pino  played prelude music as our guests were being seated and then during the cocktail hour before dinner.  The DJ, Jeff Davidson, from Feel The Beat Entertainment took over at dinner then continued for the remainder of the evening.  He did a great job!

The entire evening was amazing!  All the vendors we chose were excellent.  I had so much fun and it went by way to fast!  I can't wait to get the professional photos back from the photographer so I can post them.

7 comments:

  1. That's great. Sometimes people will play a crazy song or something like that. SO to hear you picked normal songs is great. And way to go for your son walking you down the aisle. I'm glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing too crazy for us. We are normal for the most part! We just wanted to be different and personalized.

      Delete
  2. I love your choices! Eyna is my goddess of music (Love Marble Halls)and Abba a fabulous stamp on the 1980s disco scene. Love to hear more as the days go on about your beautiful wedding . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enya is great! I really love their song "only time". Abba has some really fun songs too.

      Delete
  3. I love it, Kristy. I feel so happy for you...as I listen to Enya's "Only Time"...such a beautiful piece of music. I knew of a couple in the BVI who had Moby's "My Weakness" (from his Play album) at their wedding...I think the bride walked down the aisle with it playing. Anyway, it was different and personal, and that's the best way to do it.
    xo S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! I agree it is so much more special when you make it personal. I 'm not familiar with "My Weakenss". I will have to look it up and listen.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete