Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gotta Love This One - Lady Gaga - Paper Gangsta [Official Video]



The Boy turned me on to this song the other night because he knew I liked Lady Gaga.  He is far too hip to go for something as mainstream as Lady Gaga, but I thought it was very thoughtful of him to turn me on to some new LG songs.

To me Lady Gaga is the new Madonna.  And it's about time.  I loved Madonna back when I was in my teens and twenties.  I listened to her music, I dressed like her, she was my inspiration.  If I were in my twenties now Lady Gaga would be my inspiration.  Laugh if you want.  I can handle it.  I've been told I'm "unique" and I don't think they meant it in necessarily a good way.

I would have loved to see Lady Gaga on stage with Madonna at the Super Bowl this year.  What a show that would've been.

I became hooked on this song before I even understood what the lyrics were.  Once I looked up the lyrics I was really hooked.  I should have embraced this song as my theme song 4 years ago.  It would've saved me a lot of strife.  If the Boy only knew!

I am lucky to have found somebody fabulous and real now (that would be the Murph).  And not on match.com.  Please girls, never, ever, ever try to meet guys on that site or any of those "dating"sites.  Do it the old fashioned way at church and/or bars.   Seriously, it's safer!   Even bars are safer than match!  I promise.  Just keep an eye on your drink at all times.

I hope YouTube won't block this video from my blog because of copyright issues.  If they do, then it will have to be watched on YouTube.   Sucks, I know.

Sony Music must be in charge of all the music in the universe.  I'm still waiting to hear from them about getting a "master license" to use a song on a personal video that I wanted to submit to a triathlon contest.   Actually I am only using a 90 second clip of the song.

I tried to do the right thing by notifying them and getting permission.  They probably got a good laugh.   They probably thought "Who the hell is this person?  Doesn't she know who we are?  We are WAY to big and important to give her the time of day!  Kiss the hand...."   Then they probably hit delete and forgot all about me.

 I haven't heard back from them.  I'm not holding my breath.






No comments:

Post a Comment