Saturday, January 7, 2012

Breakfast Of The Champs

This is what I actually had for breakfast this morning.  I was having a craving from my childhood days (about two years ago, ha).   A fruity blast from the past.

Ken couldn't believe I was really eating it this morning.  He actually tore himself away from his daily morning ritual of reading the news on his computer to come look at me shoveling it in my mouth.  He's never had any high sugar, artificially colored cereal in his life or any cereal that wasn't low sugar, high fiber for that matter.

He was better supervised on Saturday mornings as a child.  My brother and I were totally out of control and unsupervised on Saturday mornings.  My poor mother was worn out from trying to get us up for school during the week.  We could eat any sugary thing we wanted too including her soft drinks and chocolate candy bars if we could find her stash.  (My brother always could!)  All I needed was some Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker and Scooby Doo cartoons playing on the television.

1 comment:

  1. i was into count chocula, fruit loops, apple jacks and who knows what else. ick!

    ReplyDelete