Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolution

I don't usually do New Year resolutions so should I start now?  I have the same goals year round, year after year as far as fitness goes and that is to stay fit, to be as thin as I possibly can be and still eat cookies and chips.  That means I am not as thin as I could be, but that's ok if I can eat cookies.  I will just work out a little harder and do those long runs every once in a while with the Running Nazi.   I guess if I did have a New Year resolution it would be something like the following:

1)   Run faster
2)   Bike faster
3)   Swim more than just occasionally (at least once a week would be great, but I'm not committing!)
4)   Run one or two marathons in a different state so I can count them off my list
5)   Eat less cookies and more broccoli or flax seed or anything "healthy"
6)   Be nice to ignorant people (Hey, I haven't mentioned any names here, it's just in general)
7)   Finish the novel (or start one that I can finish)
8)   Buy less shoes and give the money I "save" to homeless cat shelters (or maybe just start a homeless      cat shelter of my own.   I'm sure the Murph wouldn't mind)   ;)

I guess that's enough on the list.  I don't really know how long the list should be.   I'm sort of new at this "resolution" thing, but those are my goals for the year.  I always have goals.  Resolution must be just another word for goals, but stronger and more determined for those who need it.

Hmmmmmm....  like me!

res·o·lu·tion

noun

a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.

the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.

the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

1 comment:

  1. that's a good list. i never make new year's resolutions. it seems forced or something. if i want to will myself to make any improvements or changes, i just do it. no waiting til january 1st. i think you're like that as well.
    but a new year is full of hope and promise, so i guess that's why people do new year's resolutions.
    i like the definition "firmness of purpose". sums it up for me!

    ReplyDelete