Sunday, October 16, 2011

Back Again In Clearwater Beach After 'Only' 42 Years

I haven't posted in a few days because the Murph and I are in Clearwater Beach for the Jazz Festival.  We got here Thursday night and have been super busy.  Friday we met with a realtor who took us around the area to look at houses and neighborhoods we might be interested in moving too.  We also are considering areas in Tampa, FL.

Friday night we drove an hour and 1/2 to Sarasota, FL to see the Murph's friend who lives there.  Sarasota is very nice and another place we are considering moving too.

We got back to Clearwater Beach yesterday and went out last night.  We went to a restaurant/beach bar across the street from the hotel where we are staying and met the owner, who is probably 70 or 80 years old, and her granddaughter.   Clearwater Beach was the first beach I visited with my grandparents in 1969 when I was about 4.  Apparently, the owner of the restaurant was here back then in the same place.  I don't know exactly where I stayed then, but after talking to the owner I probably stayed at the exact same place then as I am now.  They tore the hotel down and built this one, but it was probably the same location.  I think that is pretty cool.

I'm not feeding sea gulls this time though.
Bridge driving though St. Pete, FL

Clearwater Beach

Clearwater Beach from the Hilton balcony

3 comments:

  1. i'm really annoyed at google...my comment went away when i tried to sign in under my other blog, styleODYSSEY. grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a email notice that you commented either. I just saw it when I signed in my blog. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( blogger (google) hates me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete