Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cold Run with the Running Nazi- Brrrrrrrr!

I ran 12 miles with the Running Nazi today (it could have been 13 miles- we're not sure).   It was 40 degrees when we started, but felt much colder because I'm not use to getting up at 5:30 a.m. and running in the freezing cold.  I haven't run in temps under 70 degrees lately.  Later the Murph and I went to the gym and did weights, abs and I got on the treadmill and ran a mile and a half more so that's a total of 13 1/2 to 14 mile today.  I don't feel so bad for missing my long run earlier this week.  Now I have a 20 miler coming up this week and then taper for the marathon in mid-November.

 It was great running with the Nazi again.  I really miss running with her when I'm at the coast.  She is almost recovered from the Chicago Marathon which she said was extremely hot.  She saw a lot of runners in the 4 hour pace group coming across the finish line after 4 1/2 hours with her so she didn't feel that bad about her time.  She was shooting for 4 hrs to 4 hr 15 min but the heat and the slip on the banana peel affected her time.

The Boy loaded up his clean laundry (thanks to mom!) and headed back to school reluctantly today.  He didn't want to leave until 2 p.m., but his ride wanted to leave before noon so he had to go and we missed having lunch together.  I promised him I would visit him Wednesday or Thursday and take him to lunch.
Ed the cat sure hated to see him go.  The Boy left covered in cat hair thanks to a very affectionate kitty cat.  I can't wait until the holidays when we are all together in one place again!

No comments:

Post a Comment