Saturday, October 8, 2011

Big Day in Kona

Today is a big day for triathlon.  I have been following the Ironman World Championship in Kona all day.  The top pros have already made it to the finish line.  I have been tracking my peeps from Alabama and Florida and the Alabama friend was second to last out of the water and now I am anxiously waiting to see if she made the bike cut off.  The bike cut off time was about 10 minutes ago and her final bike split isn't posted yet and no news from the facebook friends who are in Hawaii with her, cheering her on.  They have been posting all day, but no news yet.  I hope she makes it!

The Murph and I have been talking about it and have decided that I should go ahead and try to qualify for  Kona.  If I do (by some miracle) then we would take another trip to Kona so I can do the race.  No waiting 4 or 5 years to go back.  Of course, it may take 5 years before I qualify (if I ever even do qualify), but if I qualify this year, we will go next year.  I just have to decide which races to do to try to qualify.  There are 2 half ironman triathlons I could do or pick a full one like Ironman Florida or Texas or Canada again.  Decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment