Thursday, December 29, 2011

Another Marathon

The 8 mile run yesterday motivated me to sign up for yet another marathon.  Yes, it sounded good last night, but will it still sound good when I am faced with those 17 to 20+ mile long runs in the freezing cold.  (freezing cold = anything under 50 degrees F for this southern girl.)  I guess that 8 mile "long" run is a good enough start.  The Running Nazi signed up the the marathon too.  It is in March so we have all of January and February to train for it.  Should be easy since I just did a marathon in November, right??

Today Ken (aka the Murph) and I went to our new, clean gym to workout.  I even felt more motivated there.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and felt really good and managed to stay focused.  Last week I could barely stay on a machine longer than 5 minutes and had to force myself to get in 30 minutes of cardio.   I try to keep 30 minutes as my absolute minimum, but last week, one day I only got in 20 minutes and 15 another.  I had to move from machine to machine to stay motivated.  I did 15 minutes on elliptical, 5 minutes treadmill and 10  exercise bike once just to get the 30 minutes of cardio.  After cardio, I did weights and core and stretched.  An hour of training is all I have been doing the past month, but I do it every single day so it adds up I guess.  I still need to do one long run day a week in which the Running Nazi and I run 2 to 3 hours.  At some point I am going to have to start swimming and biking again.  No Ironman Triathlons are in my immediate future, but I will still do some sprint triathlons and would love to get fast again.   Being a" has been" is no fun!

I have no more excuses.  I got the new shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment