Saturday, March 10, 2012

Riding Bikes

It was such a nice day today that I decided to ride my bike for the first time since October.  I still had my race number on my helmet from Santa Rosa Island triathlon, my tires were flat and needed some air and my chain was all rusty and still is rusty.  All my bike gear was scattered around in various places and I almost forgot my bike shoes because for some reason they were in my swim bag.

I actually found all kinds of things in my swim bag that I have been missing including a pink compression sleeve, a heart rate monitor and a some various clothing items.  It feels like I have all new stuff now.  This stuff's been "missing" since last Fall.

Ken rode the bike he bought last summer for the first time and he did really well once he figured out how to work the gears.  I wasn't much help because I have a tri bike and the gears are much easier to use, the shifters just go up or down.  His road bike gear shifters go up, down and sideways.  It's been a long time since I've ridden a road bike.  Ken did really great especially since he hasn't been doing much cardio, only strength training.  It was great not only getting some exercise, but also getting outside on a beautiful, sunny day.


No comments:

Post a Comment