Friday, September 9, 2011

Drunk Chicken

Tonight we are having my new favorite thing to eat for dinner (and no it's not the Murph).   I had never even heard of it until I met the Murph.  It is called Drunk Chicken.  I use to laugh when I would see the Murph cooking it.  Back in those days I thought he was just being creative with the ingredients that he ALWAYS has on hand......beer!

Basically Drunk Chicken is just a whole chicken with a can of beer shoved in it's you know what. It stands up on the grill and cooks until the beer evaporates up the chicken's butt and then it's done. I think the Murph adds a little seasoning, but he says it's top secret! ( I think it's mostly just a little salt and pepper.)  Leave the beer can half full of beer.  Drink the other half.  Have a few more beers as you wait for the chicken to cook.  By the time the chicken is done I don't know who's drunker, the Murph or the chicken!

At first I refused to eat it when the Murph offered it.  That was back when I was on a fast food diet and if you couldn't get it at a drive through or out of a box or at a restaurant, I didn't eat it.   I didn't realize what I was missing!  When I moved in with the Murph, we started eating at home a few nights a week and of course he made his classic Drunk Chicken.  I tried it and loved it!  It's the moistest chicken I have ever eaten.  We eat it at least once a week.  If you can get over laughing at a big, naked chicken with a beer can stuck in it's butt, it really is good.  Honest!

2 comments:

  1. OMG..LOL..LOL....Sounds like it would be good...
    I've cooked something with beer before but don't remember what is was...I'm sure it wasn't Drunk Chicken...

    ReplyDelete