Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Time flies!  It doesn't seem like it's been 10 years since that awful day in New York City when all those people died.  I will never forget that terrible day.

What were you doing 9/11?

I was heading to work, late probably.  I didn't have the radio on so I had no clue what was going on until I got to work.  I worked at a bank back then and my boss, the Chief Economist, was on a trip to New York to attend an economic meeting in one of the towers.  When I get to my desk the phone was ringing.  It was his wife calling to tell us he's all right.  He is stuck in the subway and is going to try to get out and walk back to the hotel.  They had apparently shut the subway down after the first plane hit.

So that's how I heard the news.  Before I even got off the phone, I had a crowd of concerned people around my desk.  I tell them he never made it to the tower.  He's safe in the subway.

The rest of the day we have the television on watching in horror.

1 comment:

  1. I was standing in front of the TV watching the second plane hit the towers...Terrible day...

    ReplyDelete