Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Home....

Today we had to come "home" for a couple of days.  I can't say I am that happy to be back here.  The Murph and I are both ready to leave here for good.  He is originally from up north (yes, a Yankee!) and I have unfortunately lived here all my life.  Right now we are going back and forth from here to the coast. We have two houses here, mine is on the market and we plan on getting his on the market by spring.

I really don't know why I feel so depressed being back.  I know it's only for a couple of days and we do have some things to do, but without the Boy here and the Jazz Cats, it just doesn't feel like home.  The Murph says "well what about me??"  That's true, but he's with me here and the coast and he's going to be with me wherever we move.  I'm just ready!  I think I have been ready to get away from here for 20 years!  I guess I never really knew how much I am ready until now that I have been away.

Ok, I am going to suck it up and make the most of it!  I am looking forward to running with the Running Nazi tomorrow and Thursday.  We are running 5 miles tomorrow and 8 miles on Thursday.  She's tapering for Chicago.

Other than that, I can't wait to get back to the coast!  It is getting harder and harder to come back here!  ICK!!  DOUBLE ICK!!

2 comments:

  1. You know I can empathize. I was ready to move off The Rock for 5 or more years. I was SO DONE. The more times I "escaped" to the mainland, the more depressing it was to return home. I felt trapped in a gilded cage and it was beyond frustrating.
    You probably are feeling stuck right now- can't leave for good til one of the houses sells.
    It will happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is getting harder and harder to come back. We do have it pretty good now though. We have a place here and a place at the coast. It is transitional in that we don't know where we are going to end up. It probably won't be here but it may not be at the coast either. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete