Monday, September 19, 2011

Should I Sign Up For A Fall Marathon?

I was suppose to do the Chicago Marathon with the Running Nazi next month, but I waited too long to sign up and it was full.  I thought about racing with a charity slot, but if I didn't raise enough money I would have to come up with the difference.  The Murph was a little concerned about that (especially since he would be the one coming up with the difference).  The idea of spending thousands of dollars just to run a marathon didn't appeal to him even if it was for a good cause.  I tried to assure him that I would be able to raise the money and the Running Nazi said she would help.  Didn't work.  The Running Nazi told me I should just sign up anyway and not tell the Murph until I had raised the money.  I didn't think that would be a good idea!

I am considering running Pensacola Marathon in November even though I haven't really been marathon training.  The Running Nazi and I have also talked about doing Mardi Gras marathon in New Orleans in February.  She wants to qualify for Boston.  I ran Boston in 2003, but would like to do it again for a faster time.  I was injured when I ran it last time and so far it has been my slowest marathon.  I need to do it again, one more time at least.  We would have to do under a four hour marathon in order to qualify.  I think that's doable.  Of course, before I do a four hour marathon I need to actually sign up for and TRAIN for a marathon.  These little 3 to 10 mile runs aren't gonna do it!

2 comments:

  1. sign up for p'cola! you'll train. i know you will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one I am thinking about doing. Not sure yet...It's really too late to train!

    ReplyDelete